The Life Skills Department at Live Strong House is designed to guide and empower students in all phases of their life.
We focus on 4 core principles to create this environment:
- LOVE: The very foundation of connection and change
- STRUCTURE: Provides clarity and organization in our lives
- BOUNDARIES: Establishes identity, individuality, self-esteem, and self-respect
- CONSISTENCY: Develops routines, builds momentum, and forms positive habits
When these four principles are in place, our students can work through personal struggles while learning skills that prepare them for their future in a truly individualized way. This is accomplished through constant assessment, unique planning, personal training, and assisting the student in maintaining the life skills they have acquired.
We prepare our students to living independently by teaching practical life hard and soft skills:
- Time Management and scheduling
- Budgeting and money management
- Healthy Lifestyle through nutrition and exercise
- Goal Setting and Planning
- Intra/Interpersonal Relationships
- Verbal and Non-verbal Communication
- Stress Management
- Healthy Social Skills
When a student discharges from Live Strong House, they will have the skills they need to feel confident and prepared to be successful as they move forward into their future.